If you have Chromebooks–then you already understand the benefits. They are cheap, sturdy, powerful enough for the classroom, and out preform iPads by leaps and bounds. However, just having the Chromebooks without any sort of management service can be super painful. Managing devices one by one is not only tedious, but its costing you money. Reduce the time spent configuring apps and settings with the Chrome OS Management Console.
- Create user groups: Apply policies, apps, and settings to different sets of users. Group students by grade level or subject. Separate students and faculty.
- Pre-install and block apps: Blacklist, whitelist, or pre-install apps, extensions and URLs.
- Track assets: Assign devices to specific students and faculty and get configuration and usage reports.
- Manage user access: Control who uses your Chrome devices: prevent outside users from logging in, disable Guest Mode, or designate specific types of users for your devices.
- Configure network access: Set network and proxy settings to make it easy for users to get up and running and ensure they’re protected by web filters and firewalls.
- Customize user features: Modify user settings like bookmark and app sync across computers and show some school spirit on your devices with custom Chrome desktop themes.
You simply purchase as many licenses as you need, and BAM–management just got a whole lot easier.
Find this helpful? Check out our full catalog on our website!
One thought on “Simplify your Chromebook Management”
Reblogged this on Blended Learning 1.0 and commented:
Wonderful tips for the Chromebook Classroom! Take some of these useful ideas and implement them in your classroom as soon as possible!