Adobe just released new versions of Acrobat: Acrobat Pro DC. At the end of this post I will go over which features I found to be most useful in this new version. If you want to skip all the tech specs, just scroll down to the bottom of this page!
For a quick video introduction, click here.
Acrobat Pro DC is a perpetual license. Just like the previous version of Acrobat, once you pay for it–you own it. Take a look below to familiarize yourself with the new features Adobe has added to Acrobat Pro DC…
With its intuitive touch-enabled interface, delivers powerful new functionality to get work done anywhere. The new Tool Center offers simplified and quick access to the tools you use most. And, Acrobat DC uses Photoshop imaging magic to convert any paper document into a digital, editable file that can be sent for signature.
Access your work as you move between desktop and devices, and pick up that form or document where you left off with new Mobile Link your files, settings and signatures stay with you. With two new mobile apps, Acrobat mobile and Fill & Sign, people can create, edit, comment and sign documents directly on their mobile devices. Plus, use the camera on your device as a portable scanner to easily convert any paper documents to digital, editable files that can be sent for signature.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Includes:
- Acrobat Pro DC desktop software
- New Acrobat mobile app (iOS, Android)
- Free Document Cloud services, enabling users to work from anywhere: Fill & Sign, Mobile Link, and Online Storage
- Virtualization Support and Deployment Tools
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Features:
- Create and export PDFs from desktop
- Directly edit text and images with auto-reflow
- Enhanced bullet and numbered lists editing
- Enhance scans and document images
- Seamlessly access files across devices with Mobile Link (requires sign-in)
- Re-imagined user interface & tools to take advantage of touch enabled hardware
- Convert Paper to Editable PDF
- Create accessible PDFs
- Prepress & Production Features
- Protect PDFs
- E-sign documents
- Auto-fill forms
- Standardize PDF tasks with Actions
- Permanently redact information and sanitize PDFs
- Create PDF Portfolios
- Create ISO-compliant PDFs
What I like most:
Fill & Sign is the most generally interesting part of the system, in part because it’s useful without requiring a subscription!! With this app, available on Android and iOS, you can take a picture of a print form or open existing PDF forms.
Acrobat DC for the iPhone and Android is a scaled-down version of the desktop apps, and lets you access capabilities depending upon your subscription level. Upgrade features include creating PDFs from other document types. It sends it up to the cloud for processing, saves it there, and notifies you when its done. You can also edit PDFs — rearrange pages, edit text, move or delete blocks. Very handy for on-the-go.