Get inspired by this bi-weekly newsletter from Adobe Education Exchange. Join in on fun educational challenges for you and your students. These challenges usually include editable templates from Adobe express that make it fun and easy to get your students to express their creativity through digital graphics. Sign up for the Adobe Education Newsletter to say up to date on exciting updates and fun challenges and tools for your classroom!
Each color has a meaning or feeling associated with it. If you teach art or any creative subject, teaching your students how to tell a story and create a feeling in their work through colors is so powerful.
This knowledge can be put to use when creating web pages, advertising, marketing, and traditional artwork. Adobe has a great article about what each color means and the feelings they can invoke. Check it out here! And use the color palette generator from Adobe to try creating your own color palette! This could be a great art exercise for your students to pick a feeling and create a color palette to match it!
To get Adobe Creative Cloud for your school, check out our website here.
Adobe Creative Cloud encompasses apps for graphic design, photo and video editing, illustration, 3D capabilities and so much more! Teach your students how to develop their creativity, develop digital media skills, and initiate critical thinking. With creative cloud apps, you can bring creativity into every subject and your daily teaching. Check out the free Adobe Education Summit for guided workshops, and tips on how to implement creative expression into your classroom.
Check out how to get a quote for an education license for Adobe Creative Cloud or individual apps here.
ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD K12 SCHOOL SITE LICENSE
Adobe is offering Creative Cloud for Education Device Licenses through a new licensing option, the Adobe K-12 School Site License. This offering is available for primary and secondary or K-12 schools only. The Adobe K-12 School Site License allows a school to install Creative Cloud for education device licenses on at least 100 school-owned or school-leased computers.
The Adobe Creative Cloud K-12 School Site License also comes with free access to the Adobe Education Exchange where teachers can download curriculum and share best practices with other teachers.
Adobe Creative Cloud K-12 Site Licenses Device Licenses are perfect for classrooms, labs, and environments where multiple users utilize the same application on a single computer without having to log-in or authenticate license ownership. Key features of Device Licenses include –
- License for each institutional computer – rather than per user. Device licenses can only be installed on a single computer and do not allow for a second installation.
- Online services are not included. Device licenses do not include cloud storage, Behance & Behance talent search, Adobe Typekit, PhoneGap Build, and Adobe Expert Services.
Adobe Creative Cloud for Education ushers in a new era of creativity and collaboration that gives your students and teachers everything they need to capture inspiration and work together to create amazing content across desktop and mobile. Give your students and teachers the world’s best tools and services to help them collaborate, create, and publish: Adobe Creative Cloud for Education.
What’s Included in Adobe Creative Cloud for Education (Device Licenses)?
- Adobe Photoshop CC – Edit and composite images, use 3D tools, edit video and perform advanced image analysis.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC – Organize, edit and batch-process all your digital photos in one intuitive library.
- Adobe Illustrator CC – Create vector-based graphics for print, web, video and mobile.
- Adobe InDesign CC – Design professional layouts for print and digital publishing.
- Adobe Muse CC – Create and publish dynamic websites without writing code.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC – Edit video with high-performance, industry-leading editing tools.
- Adobe After Effects CC – Create industry-standard motion graphics and visual effects.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC – Design, develop and maintain standards-based websites and applications.
- Adobe Flash Professional CC – Create rich interactive content across varied platforms and devices.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC – Create, protect, sign, collaborate on and print PDF documents.
- Adobe Audition CC – Create, edit and enhance audio for broadcast, video and film.
- Adobe SpeedGrade CC – Manipulate light and color in video footage.
- Adobe Prelude CC – Streamline the import and logging of video from any video format.
- Adobe InCopy CC – Enable writers and designers to work simultaneously on the same document.
- Adobe Bridge CC – Browse, organize and search your photos and design files in one central place.
- Adobe Flash Builder Premium – Build exceptional applications for Android, BlackBerry and iOS using a single codebase.
- Adobe Fireworks CS6 – Rapidly prototype websites and applications, and optimize web graphics.
- Adobe Edge Tools & Services – Optimize the look and performance of websites.
- Capture apps: Adobe Brush, Shape, Color and Hue – Capture inspiration around you and then bring it into your creative process across desktop and mobile devices.
- Design apps: Illustrator Draw, Illustrator Line, Photoshop Sketch, Comp and Preview – Create layouts and draw expressively on your mobile devices, and preview mobile designs on iOS devices.
- Visual storytelling apps: Slate, Premiere Clip and Voice – Craft visual stories and animated videos and edit with the power of Premiere Pro CC on mobile.
- Photography apps: Lightroom for mobile and Photoshop Mix – Bring the power of Adobe digital imaging to your mobile devices with full Photoshop and Lightroom compatibility.
- Community apps: Behance and Creative Portfolio – Showcase and discover creative work, and connect with the creative community.
Exclusive Business Features for Creative Cloud for Education (Device License)
- Centralized administration tools. Manage and track both Complete and Single-App seats from the handy Admin Console.
- Creative Cloud Packager. Centrally deploy apps and updates across your organization.
Well, summer is almost here. Congratulations on making it through another year! I know that most schools have used up their budgets for FY15, so I figured it would be a good idea to mention how the new changes in Adobe’s site licensing program will affect the FY16 budgetary process.
Remember the Creative Suite site licenses? You could buy a 250 or 500 seat of Design Standard, Design & Web, or Master collection. You would buy it, and own it. Not so much anymore.
Adobe has gone to a subscription based system that will now license the entire school (regardless of how many computers you have). They are calling it the Educational Enterprise Agreement, or EEA for short. With EEA, the full Creative Cloud is installed on all devices across campus. The cost for EEA is determined by your FTE count.
(Full-time faculty) + (Part-time faculty ÷ 3) + (Full time staff) + (Part time staff ÷ 2) = FTE #
- If your FTE is 20-69, your price point is $70 (x) your FTE number.
- If your FTE is 70 or higher, your price point is $40 (x) your FTE number.
If my FTE is 82, I would pay 82×40= $3,280 per year to have all the computers in the school licensed with the latest Adobe software.
As you can see, the price is lower than a typical CS6 site license and you can rest easy knowing that all the software is up to date. Furthermore, you have the option to lock that price in for two years—regardless of if your FTE changes!
For some this is a good change. They can have the most up to date software, lock the price in for two years, and not worry about device limitations.
For others…this is not a welcome change–and I understand that. Some schools will have a difficult time finding the funding every year. Regardless of your situation, I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your school’s potential for EEA school wide licensing. You can find more info on our website, here.
Adobe Creative Cloud lets you download and install any or all of the following applications – always updated with the latest features. What’s more, your Creative Cloud membership includes a free library of training videos, so it’s easy to get up and running fast. All the below listed programs come included in the Student/Teacher version of the Cloud. Schools and Universities are able to purchase individual apps. Click the program names to get re-directed to the Education edition of the apps below!
- Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud. Join Adobe Creative Cloud and get new CSS support for easier web design, Smart Object support for Blur Gallery and Liquify, new timesavers to accelerate your workflow, faster 3D creation, and more. With a Creative Cloud membership, you can access and start using these new features now.
- Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud. Design with speed and precision in the 64-bit vector-drawing environment for creating graphics that scale beautifully across media.
- Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud. Create elegant and engaging pages. Whether youre preparing documents for print or digital publishing, you maintain pixel-perfect control over design and typography.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Let your work shine. Use PDF portfolios to combine PDFs, video, audio, and interactive content. Streamline document reviews and approvals with shared reviews, easy to use commenting tools, and electronic signatures.
- Adobe Dreamweaver Creative Cloud. Create compelling websites and apps for smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Build responsive designs quickly with fluid grid layout, and use jQuery Mobile and Adobe PhoneGap support to streamline mobile app development.
- Adobe Flash Professional Creative Cloud. Design immersive interactive experiences and games – including animation, high-quality video, and multimedia content that present consistently across desktops, smartphones, tablets, and televisions.
- Adobe Flash Builder Premium Edition. Rapidly build and deliver amazing mobile, web and desktop games and applications in ActionScript and the open source Flex framework with this Eclipse based development tool. Use professional testing tools to maximize performance. Integrated with Adobe Scout, the next-generation profiling tool for Flash based content.
- Adobe Fireworks Creative Cloud. Create beautiful designs for websites and mobile apps in a snap, without coding. Deliver vector and bitmap images, mockups, 3D graphics, and interactive content for popular tablets and smartphones.
- Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud. Edit your way with the ultimate video editing software, featuring a slick new user interface and powerful trimming tools. Save time with real-time performance, native format support, and tight Adobe integration as you deliver for virtually any screen.
- Adobe After Effects Creative Cloud. Deliver cinematic visual effects and motion graphics with industry-standard software. Work fast with Global Performance Cache, and extend your creativity with the 3D Camera Tracker, extruded text and shapes, and more.
- Adobe Audition Creative Cloud. Create professional audio fast with the high-performance, cross-platform software that streamlines editing, mixing, and sound design for video, radio, games, and more.
- Adobe Encore Creative Cloud. Enables you to create DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and web DVDs, all from a single interface.
- Adobe SpeedGrade Creative Cloud. Bring the Lumetri Deep Color Engine into your color grading workflow. Open up the full dynamic range of your footage through a sleek new interface and push your stories further.
- Adobe Prelude Creative Cloud. Streamline your production process, get organized, and work faster using more connected tools and an interface designed specifically for video ingest and logging workflows.
- Adobe Muse Creative Cloud. Create professional HTML websites for desktop and mobile devices, without writing code. Design web-standard sites like you design print layouts. Use familiar features, hundreds of web fonts, and built-in tools to add interactivity. Then, publish with the Adobe Business Catalyst service or any hosting provider.
- Adobe Bridge Creative Cloud. Cut through the chaos of asset management. Easily find, sort, filter, and organize your photos, graphics, videos, and other digital assets.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Create amazing images that inspire, inform, and delight. From first look to final image, Lightroom software provides powerfully simple one-click tools and cutting-edge advanced controls for every step. Easily organize, perfect, and share all your photographs.
- Adobe Media Encoder Creative Cloud. Create optimized video for any screen size and resolution
- Adobe InCopy Creative Cloud. Get everyone on the same page. With InCopy CC, writers, editors, and designers can work simultaneously on a single document without overwriting each other’s contributions.